Shoes, Coat, Bag, Car, Go!
Here We Go Again
It’s that time of year. Bushy hair, pictures in fresh school uniforms, lunchboxes and finding matching socks. Your kids are heading back to school for the start of a brand-new academic year. With the final rush to make sure your little ones are all kitted out upon you, we’ve decided to help. Here, we’ve put together lists of all our most popular and helpful books and gifts you can get your little ones to show your support, and much more.
Board Books for Babies and Toddlers
For your little one, two, or three-year-old, we have a beautiful collection of board books for them to enjoy!
For the kids who are making the move from their early years or pre-school setting to primary school, it’s a whole new book entirely. It’s one of the biggest transitions that a child will face, and it’s easy for both parents and their little ones to become overwhelmed.
Reading has now become an indispensable coping mechanism, especially for children. It has proved refuge for children during this difficult pandemic, supporting their mental and emotional wellbeing . So not only is it important that you’re helping your kids out in an academic sense with their reading, writing and literacy, but encouraging a love of books in general is vital. That’s why it’s such a big part of the new Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
So, with that said, here is a list of our top 5 books that are perfect for kids who are just starting primary school!
1. As your child learns to read, our Personalised Encyclopedia is a must have for the collection. Beautiful illustrations alongside primary-school friendly explanations will instil a fascination within your child about the world around them and encourage a love of learning.
2. Our Personalised Months of the Year Activity Book is great for developing numeracy skills, and will encourage your child to learn about organisation as they move to a new school!
3. Learning to write has never been so much fun with this gorgeous Alphabet World Personalised Colouring Book!
4. The nursery rhymes that your kid loved to sing at their pre-school setting can stick around with our Personalised Traditional Nursery Rhymes Book, or if you fancy something a little more up to date, check out our Personalised Modern Nursery Rhymes Book!
5. The list wouldn’t be complete without our First Day At School Personalised Book. A perfect little friend for your child to take with them on this new, exciting journey. Try reading it to them the night before their first day.
Top 4 Picks For Early Primary (ages 5-7)
Once your kid is comfortable with reading on their own, there’s tons of personalised books for them to enjoy from us:
1. Our Personalised Horrible Histories Collection of books are both educational and fun. From the many wives of Henry VIII, to the strange habits of the Knights of the Order of Bath, your kid will be gripped tight with interest. Check out all the awesome personalisation features too.
2. If your child is aged five or six and has just got comfortable with reading on their own, this one is a perfect, easy, educational read. The illustrations in My Personalised Book About Space will blow you out of this world!
3. Our next generation of young and bright thinkers who are going to save our planet from disasters such as climate change starts with your kid! Get them fascinated with How to Save The Most Amazing Animal!
4. Your child may be going through a lot of physical changes at this time, and our How Your Body Works Personalised Book is a perfect tool to give your child if they’re asking you a lot of hard to answer questions. Try reading it with them at bed time!
We’ve saved the best until last. We have an entire Back To School Range category on our website where you can purchase stationary, personalised water bottles, pencil cases, tote bags, masks, and so much more!
And if you’re struggling to get it all done before the start of school, don’t stress, we have books with quick delivery!
Feel better? Great. From all of us here at Signature Gifts, have a great first day at school!